Okay, so here's the scoop, ladies - right now I am the only author of this blog. If you're not familiar with blogginess, that means that I'm the only one who can write long posts like this one will probably turn out to be, but anyone can leave a comment. My feeling is that it will probably work to have one person start a post about a book and everyone else comments, but it might work better to allow everyone to be a blog author and write as many posts as they want. So, either way we end up doing things, we need more blog authors! If you'd like to be one of them, please send me your email address and I'll add you to the list.
Also, there's the privacy issue. I have the blog set up right now so that anyone can read it, until we get set up. We may want to change it so that only we can read it - please let me know your preference in the comments to this post. The major benefit there would be that we would know exactly who is reading what we post, since book discussions might move into our personal lives as well - we wouldn't have to be quite so careful what we share.
I've set up a "Subscribe" gadget on the left sidebar, so if you use a blog reader, you can click the button to have the posts/commments sent to your reader. It's nifty. If you don't have a blog reader but think you might like one (it makes it so much easier to keep track of what you've read, and you don't have to check all of your sites every day), I'd be happy to help you set one up!
There are probably other technical issues I've forgotten to mention - let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I really don't mind too much about the privacy issue, either way works for me. Also, I'd be happy to be an author so go ahead and add me! I'm losbradley at yahoo
Ditto what Sarah said. Maybe if it becomes an issue later on, knowing others are reading (googles great at tracking outsiders), if somebody isn't comfortable with that, we could change it.
And feel free to add the email address you just emailed me on.
Sounds great! I'm excited. Go ahead and add my email. Thanks!
Oh yea, my vote is for Jane Eyre. I struggle reading Austen, but that doesn't mean I won't try!
I am definitely one to be in on a book club! I may try to pick up Jane Eyre and read it by the end of this month. If I don't get to it--I'll start with the next one in November. Thanks.
I'm so glad y'all chose Jane Eyre, since I happen to be reading it now! lol Anyway, I agree with the others about going private. We can worry about it later. BTW, my email is carlia711@hotmail.com Thanks!
Post a Comment