Friday, February 6, 2009

My thoughts on Miri

Okay, so I have finished the book already, but I won't ruin anything!

Just after the first few chapters, I had a sense that Miri was going to be a great heroine. Like many spunky female heroines I've read about, she desperately wants to do something she's forbidden to do - but unlike the majority, she's not ahead of her time or rebelling against the system (think Disney princesses!). She just wants to be like everyone else, which I think makes her more realistic and easy to relate to, especially for your inner teenage girl. Of course, she is inherently not like everyone else, which makes her great!

Is she princess material? Most definitely. But does she want to be?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hadn't even thought about how her desire to be the same as everyone else is so different from the usual princess who longs to be different. Interesting!