Dear Friends,
Hello, Im glad to be a new member of this book club. I enjoyed reading Princess Academy. I was surprised that I got through the book so fast, even on my busy schedule. I guess when you find a good book you make time to read, right?! Well, from the beginning the author does a great job coloring the character of Miri. I knew by page 14 that she was going to be a likable character. Her ability to make others laugh and her desire to put and see humor in her life as well as others (even in times of tension, or trouble) is a beautiful gift. Also, her flaw or weakness of thinking less of herself by her negative assumptions of what others may think of her is so human and easy to relate to. (At least for me.) She has a very practical, honest nature about her; but then you get to see her whims, fantasies, confusing desires as well which makes her character or the story line less predictable. I liked the ending a great deal, a pleasant surprise. ( I don't know if everyone has finished it so I won't spill the beans.) I also like how the author is very good at creating her other characters through the eyes of Miri. There are many lines I enjoyed and took note on hoping I will remember the lesson in them for my own life. For example, how real friendship must survive disagreements to be true and lasting. Something I've obviously already learned by now but rings so true and I remember wishing I had this knowledge when I was younger. Thus, I think the author really makes Miri seem beyond her years because I don't remember having such a depth of understanding at age 14. I quickly felt that a friendship was in deep jeopardy if there was arguments. But, I hated confrontation. Obviously, Miri's personality doesn't. She rises to every challenge. A very admirable trait.
Well, I think I've shared what I appreciate about this book. Thanks for letting me borrow it, Krystel. It was a good read! I will probably pick up another book soon with the same author. I usually stick to a familiar author until I exhaust myself of her/ his books or until someone else recommends one.
The last two days, I have been reading Stephanie Meyer's, Midnight Sun, the unpublished manuscript from her website. I finished it already too! I feel bad that it was leaked over the internet. It must have been someone in the movie production that did it because so much of it is in the movie, ver-badum. (sp?) Stephanie has a couple of recommendations on her website that I will consider reading soon too.
So, when will we get together to chat and decide on our next book? I'm hooked on reading!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment